Sunday, January 12, Living Hope will begin 21 Days of Prayer & Fasting. During this emphasis, we’re encouraging all Living Hope faithful to signup for our daily email devotionals written by our Ministerial Staff. Make sure we have your email address by filling out the form on the right. We’re excited to see what God will do when we minimize distractions and focus on Him.
January 13 – February 2, 2020
Objective: To lead the people of Living Hope to a deeper prayer life leading to maturity as disciples of Christ.
Purpose: To grow in our love for God
Scheduled Prayer Times:
Sundays: 7:30am in the Chapel.
Monday through Friday mornings at 7am in the chapel
Wednesdays Nights in Room 310 at 6pm
Extended prayer times in the services before the message
Guided prayer to start Lifegroups
Guided prayer in Ignite and Kids Worship
Commitment from the people:
Fast for the entire 21 day period. As you think about what fasting looks like for you during this 40 day period here are some options:
- All meals for 21 days.
- Meals a day for 21 days.
- 1 meal a day for 21 days.
- All meals 3 days a week for 3 weeks.
- All meals 1 day a week for 3 weeks.
- Only Eat Nuts, Grains, Fruits, and Vegetables for 21 days, Daniel’s Fast.
- All food and drink Water 1 day a week for 3 weeks.
- Video Games for 21 days.
- Coffee or Caffeine for 21 days.
- Only drink water for 21 days.
- Recreational tv or internet usage for 21 days.
- Facebook, twitter, or instagram fast for 21 days.
- Desserts, Sweets, Soft Drinks, or Chocolate for 21 days.
- All meals for 7 days, 2 meals a day for 7 days, 1 meal a day for 7 days.
Also, there are 7 prayers from God’s Word for the church I invite you to pray with me during this time:
WE’RE PRAYING THE CHURCH WOULD:
1. GROW in the grace and knowledge of the Lord.
2 Peter 3:18 says…
grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2. REST in the extravagant love of Christ.
Ephesians 3:17-19 Paul prayed…
that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
3. SERVE God and others abundantly.
1 Corinthians 15:58 reads…
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.
4. GIVE of our money and time generously to the Lord.
Acts 20:35 says…
remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
5. SHARE our faith with boldness.
Acts 4:31 reads…
And when they had prayed, the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak the word of God with boldness.
6. Experience REVIVAL
2 Chronicles 7:14 reminds us if…
My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
7. Embrace God’s VISION for the Future.
In Exodus 33:15, 18 Moses cried…
“If Your presence does not go with us, do not lead us up from here… Then Moses said, “I pray You, show me Your glory!”
- 5 Campuses across Clarksville Area
- 2,000 people involved and growing in our ministry weekly
- 100 baptisms every year
- Kids saved. Teenagers won to Christ. Homeless served. Hungry fed. Broken loved. Lives Changed.